My "boss" Patrick Tisseghems second book is available now. He wrote this juwel with his friend Lars Fastrup. If you are interested in Index and Search for MOSS 2007, this is a must-have!
His book counts 640 pages and is a architectural guidance for deploying SharePoint Server 2007 and optimizing search.
Optimize the user search experience in your workplace by customizing and extending the enterprise search capabilities in SharePoint Server 2007. Recognized SharePoint experts deliver the straightforward guidance and pragmatic coding samples you need to enable quick access to critical information.
Discover how to:
• Configure and manage the SharePoint Server 2007 index file and search engines
• Plan a search deployment strategy that balances performance, scalability, and security considerations
• Set up and customize search functionality and UI controls
• Monitor and analyze search-usage metrics to optimize the end-user experience
• Use search APIs to prepare and execute a query, and to process the results
• Program administrative functions using the search administration object model
• Develop and install custom IFilters and protocol handlers
• Use the Business Data Catalog to structure and index critical line-of-business data
• Program search operations using Windows SharePoint Services 3.0